Facebook Official - Week 4
On Sunday, Gary covered week 4 of the Facebook Official series with “The Sex Talk”.
Here’s what he went over…
1. Sex doesn’t lead to true love.
- We are surrounded with media, movies, and tv shows that lead us to believe that sex will lead to true love; however, that’s not the reality. Our society has created false expectations of sex, when the reality is that sex before marriage is destructive; check out 1 Corinthians 6:16-18.
2. Sex is the result of true love.
- God intended sex for marriage as a result of true love. Hebrews 13:4 says, “Honor marriage, and guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband. God draws a firm line against casual and illicit sex.” (MSG).
3. Experience God’s love first.
- The reason we will settle for lame relationships and sex outside of marriage is because we don’t know who God is. Through establishing a relationship with God and learning about him in the Bible, you will be able to better understand how to love and have good relationships with others.
4. Go for and don’t give up on true love.
- Don’t forget that God has a plan for you. Even though it may be hard to see now, there is someone out there who will give you the love and respect you deserve.